Discover the Versatility of Propane
Posted: October 9, 2023
There are plenty of things about owning a home or a business that can be a real hassle and cause a huge headache. That is why it is so great, helpful and oftentimes relieving when a homeowner or business owner comes across something convenient that makes life exponentially easier. And sometimes this special “something” comes down to propane appliances,
The Many Uses of Propane
Propane can be used to power and fuel a pretty long and extensive list of appliances. In fact, it is actually quite challenging to find another fuel that has as many uses as propane does.
In residential settings, you can use propane to:
- Heat water
- Cook on an oven range or barbeque grill
- Dry clothes in a clothes dryer
- Power generators
- Heat space heaters used on patios and in outdoor areas
- Warm pools
- Light your outdoor fire pit
- Fuel fireplaces
In addition to using propane for generators and space heaters, commercial businesses can use the gas to:
- Fuel fleets of vehicles
- Heat livestock, poultry and additional agriculture
- Run forklifts
- Dry grains on farms
The Advantages of Propane
The fact that propane is so versatile is just one of the many advantages of using the fuel. Propane users benefit from the fact that:
- Propane is environmentally friendly: Propane is a clean-burning fuel that has a lower carbon intensity than some other energy sources. It is also emits less greenhouse gas than electricity, is non-toxic and doesn’t cause any damage to the environment if it gets released into the atmosphere. All of this helps make it safe to use.
- Propane is reliable: A huge plus of using propane lies in the fact that propane appliances don’t rely on power grids or electricity. Therefore, you can still use propane-powered appliances even if there’s a power outage.
- Propane is efficient: Appliances that are fueled by propane operate more efficiently than electric appliances. Ultimately, this helps users save when it comes to their energy bills.
- Propane is cost effective: Electric appliances are usually 40%-60% more expensive than appliances powered by propane. When compared to natural gas, propane contains more than twice the usable energy content per cubic foot, which ultimately adds up in cost savings.
- Propane guarantees your comfort when temperatures drop: Keeping you and your loved ones warm through winter is easier with propane products. Propane produces over double the heat energy per cubic foot as natural gas. It takes 26.8 kilowatt hours of electricity to generate the same heat one gallon of propane can generate. And propane heat is adaptable. You can safely warm a whole home with a furnace or one room with a space heater.
- Propane powers your lifestyle: This versatile fuel can enhance your quality of life with fantastic amenities. For example, propane fireplace inserts offer all the warmth and ambiance of a wood fire without the work. No more lugging wood, tending the fire or cleaning up ashes — just push a button and enjoy stunning, clean-burning flames.
How KB Johnson Keeps Our Propane Users Safe
K.B. Johnson takes the safety of our customers very seriously and we go above and beyond to make safety a priority. That is why we work hand in hand with the propane education and research council to train each and every one of our employees so that they know how to safely handle and transport propane. We follow safety standards very closely and don’t give our customers the go ahead when it comes to using their propane until we are certain that it is safe to do so.
Whether you need residential propane for your North Carolina home or fuel for your North Carolina business, K.B. Johnson can help. If you are located in Central North Carolina, contact us today to hear more about our commercial fuel services and our residential propane delivery.